Monday 3 August 2015

Kori had to change her plans when she didn’t get the grades last year. Now she couldn’t be happier!


Last year Kori Gibbs from Derbyshire was all set to study Environmental Science at one of the Universities she had applied to but on results day her plans completely changed.

She is now studying at Nottingham Trent University and couldn’t be happier that a change in circumstances meant she went through Clearing to a different Uni…

A Level results day last year

Kori was preparing to study Environmental Science at university but on results day discovered that she hadn’t got the grades she was expecting and was reject
ed by all of the Universities she had applied to.

“I was so disappointed when I picked up my exam results and I really didn’t know what I was going to do next.”

Next steps

Kori got straight onto the UCAS website and found a space through Clearing on the Environmental Science course at Nottingham Trent University. As she had achieved more points than they were requiring she was accepted.

“I completed my first year at Nottingham Trent with a successful 2.1 and I am really enjoying the subject. I have settled in at University really well and am really glad that I achieved a place on the course even though I went through clearing.”

“In the future I am hoping to do a year placement or carry on to do a masters in Sustainability”.

Kori’s advice to students getting their results this year:

“Be confident that you can achieve what you want to achieve and see clearing as an opportunity to find a better suited University or Course for yourself. Take the advice from the Exam Results Helpline and the UCAS website and make sure you have a lot of fun! University is a great stage in life to find yourself and long lasting friends.”


No comments:

Post a Comment